Below are the wiring diagrams for 3Dtek specificGRBL + Gecko G540 Combo.
These may or may not be useful for other Gecko use cases. Please contact 3DTek for any assistance wiring up or configuring these devices.
PLEASE READ IMPORTANT NOTES AT BOTTOM BEFORE POWERING UP THE VFD!!!!
G540 Motor Breakout Board Method – Limit Switch
G540 Motor Power & VFD Connections
Gecko, Cooler and controller Mounting
- The Gecko G540 and Cooler are mounted and separated using standoffs.
- The Cooler plate sits below the G540 on its shorter standoffs, with the fan’s sticker side facing the bottom of the G540
- The Control Card is pressed onto the top of the G540 and holds its self in place firmly.
- The VFD Wiring Diagram above is for your electrician! 240V wiring and VFD’s are so very dangerous, please don’t risk doing this yourself.
- Your electrician is welcome to call 3Dtek with any questions
- The supplied speciality VFD cable must be used
- The Shielded braid of the VFD cable should be connected to the PE (earth) on the VFD along with wire 4 to achieve best noise suppression.
Standard Parameters for the VFD
- P-09: 400
- P-10: 24000
- P-08: See spindle for Rated Current – CAREFULL!! Must be set before applying power or spindle could be damaged!
- P-12: 0
- P-14: 201
- P-15: 4
- P-18: 8
- P19: 15
- P-30: Auto-0
- P-51: 1
Speciality VFD cable should be used and its shielding should also be terminated to the VFD’s PE Ground Terminal.