3DTeks XYZ-Carve – Built to the design of X-Carve – with some mods.
The XYZ Carve has made some changes from the open source X-Carve design.
1) No more self tappers.
- This is not a nice solution for tapping the rail and its not too hard for us to pre tap your makerslide so this is how the kits will ship from now on.
- No more sourcing and possibly snapping taps, no more ramming self tappers down the slide. Simply use the M5*12 Button Head screws like the good old Shapeoko2 days.
2) Supplied with GRBL AIO not Syntheos G-Shield or Inventables X-Controller
4) ACME Z Axis ACME Modification –
- You need a lead screw, using M8 thread is unacceptable and over time will destroy the lead nut and provide to much resistance amongst other reasons.
- The official Acme upgrade has been fixed, a bit but should really have used a second flanged bearing and plate on the bottom so you can minimise backlash in the design and ensure it runs true.
- You have an extra plate and flanged bearing to install at the base of the Z maker-slide
Z Acme Setup with Makita Style 65mm Mount
Please note that this is not a supported configuration by the XCarve Community so if you have questions relating to the build of the machine, do email us before harassing the official forum;)
Note also that the video above shows two clamps – generally only a single is used (and supplied) as the double setup can restrict the depth that the router is inserted into the machine