800W, 1.5KW, & 2.2 KW Spindles
We tested many, many, Chinese factory suppliers to identify a spindle product that is consistently good quality. It took a long time and a lot of wasted money. However, we have a good source of spindles that we can confidently sell and warrant.
All 3DTek supplied VFD's are Australian delivered and approved Invertek drive models. Yes, they are considerably more expensive than the Chinese eBay specials, for a very good reason. 3Dtek do not support the use of unapproved electrical equipment and can not assist in troubleshooting the random machine malfunction due to electrical noise which plagues the machines fitted with these devices.
- Other than the 800W version, these are too heavy to mount on lightweight machines such as Shapeoko's or X Carves.
- You should use VFD specific 3 phase cable for power to the spindle!
- This spindle is 3 phase however with the addition of the VFD, they will run on single phase power.
- The Water cooled versional also requires a pump and water lines which are supplied with the 'spindle + VFD accessories' option.
- The 1.5 & 2.2 KW spindles require higher than standard 10 supply and so you should call 3Dtek and speak to your electrician about setting up to run the VFD's.
- You cannot wire these up yourselves, it's dangerous and unsupported. You must have an electricians support.