- Gecko Wiring Diagrams
Gecko Wiring Diagrams
GECKO G540 Setup
Power, E-Stop, & Cooling
- The Gecko G540 requires 18-50V. 3Dtek will generally sell the Geckos with a Meanwell 480W 24 or 48V din rail mounted Power Supply Unit (PSU).
- The 240V supply to the PSU should be wired up by an electrician!
- The Gecko will require an Estop Switch (NC) or a short between pins 10 & 12 on the 12 pin screw terminal block.
- The G540 will require a cooling fan for most any application.
- The Gecko Fan Plate mounts under the gecko as shown here: Gecko G540 Cooler
Gecko G540 Schematic 1: Power & Estop (Click image to enlarge)
Stepper Motors and Control: For Masso, Mach3, GrblGecko Parallel and others
- The G540's Charge Pump must be disabled unless using mach3 or other controllers with charge pump output.
- The GC-02 Stepper connectors require current limits set before powering up the Gecko, see manual for details. Note that our larger Nema23 Motors are 2.8 A and so require a resistance measurement of 2.8K, also sometimes the trim pot operates in reverse to the documentation.
- Take note of the Green and Black wire pinouts on the A (2nd Y-Axis) Motor.
Gecko G540 Schematic 2: Stepper Motors and Control (Click image to enlarge)