China CNC Episode 1: Bobs 3020 + 300W Spindle & Mini CNC Controller
Please first read the introduction
Bobs 3020: Seems the warranty didn't ship with this one and the 100% satisfaction was also missing from the box.
On first inspection of the control box we found the expected:
- Inverted mains polarity on the 24V PSU - Cost Savings $0.00
- No earthing on either 24 or 48V PSU - Cost Savings $0.50
- Chassis wiring earthed to painted chassis - Cost Savings $0.05
- No USB insight - Cost Savings $5.00 - not that it would have worked anyway.
- No filter on fan and fan installed backwards - Cost Savings $0.50
- No limit switches or ports to connect limits switches. - Cost Savings $5.00
Total Savings: $11.05. We assume bob would have paid the extra.
- Corrected polarity on PSU input - ask your electrician to do this.
- Earthed Chassis and PSU's correctly - ask your electrician to do this.
- Replaced dead 24V PSU - Buy local approved unit, ask your electrician to install
- Inserted a GRBL AIO - conveniently the steppers generally use the same plugs and pinout so no wiring to do there.
- Ripped out all electronics
Control Chassis Internal Image Before:
Control Chassis Internal Image After
Parts for the Bin:
- Couldn't fix the fan as we do not stock this size filter cover.
- Lost the 4th Axis as the AIO firmware 'GRBL' supports only 3 Axis at this time.
- Could not find a wiring diagram so Bob will have to switch plugs around for X, Y and Z to find the right combination.
- Now that the AIO is in there which will accept limit switches, Bob might want to buy and fit some
- Time: ~2 hours
- AIO $105
- PSU $45